Position: English Learner Pullout / Independent Study Teacher
Salary: $42,721 - $78,564 [Correct placement on Certificated Salary Schedule; commensurate with post-baccalaureate units and experience.] Full-time position includes District-paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and dependents.
Starting Date: August 9, 2019
1. CREDENTIAL: Appropriate credential as prescribed by law. CLAD and/or BCLAD preferred. Must be NCLB (No Child Left Behind) compliant in at least one subject. Must work toward compliance in every core subject taught.
2. PERSONAL QUALITIES: Maintain a professional appearance; meet District standards for physical and mental health; organizational skills; and demonstrate enthusiasm for assignment and willingness to participate in supervision of extra-curricular activities.
3. PROFESSIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS: Better than average recommendations from supervisors and other professionals who have observed and evaluated personal characteristics and scholastic attainment.
4. OTHER: Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English); not required.
5. EXPERIENCE: Some experience with Independent Study and/or Home Schooling desired; experience with a broad spectrum of curriculum.
Ability To: Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; deal with diverse ages and learning styles; and work independently. Must have a high degree of organization; and ability to assess and respond to individual student needs.
Position Description: Will teach individual children of different ages and with varying needs in a range of curriculum and subject areas.
In-House Applicants: Submit a letter of application with qualifications to Doug Kaelin before the deadline.
All of the following information must be received before your application will be considered for this position: 1) letter of application or introduction to Doug Kaelin (please indicate position); 2) application; 3) resume of experience; 4) three letters of recommendation or placement file, 5) and copies of transcripts, credentials and verification of CBEST.
Application Deadline:March 29, 2019 or Open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: If you have an application on file from a previous position, you may request that application be pulled for the current position. Job announcements and applications may be obtained at the Administration Building at 300 B Street in Biggs, or www.biggs.org. All application materials must be received by the deadline. For more information please call (530) 868-1281, X250 for the Human Resources office.
* Substitute Teachers: Please stop by for an employment packet. You must be registered with Butte County Office of Education. Bring to our office proof of citizenship (driver license and social security card, etc.), CBEST, TB, and Credential/Temporary.